At Integra Therapy, our ethos is that ‘Equality is Care. As a patient, we want you to know we care about you and want to help you get better. It does not matter to us if you are from another country, or you are an athlete, or from a marginalised group due to your ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, abilities, religion, socioeconomic background or gender, health status (HIV for example) occupation or personality traits.
Diversity means we will respect and deliver high quality physiotherapy care for all. It doesn’t matter to us if you are an insurance patient, NHS patient, or private paying patient. We will treat you with respect, in a professional manner and not tolerate unlawful and unfair behaviours or language. We will ensure that the quality of your care is non-discriminatory, inclusive and this is applicable for everyone without exception.
We also believe that equality should occur within our team. Equality of opportunity means that an individual’s diversity is viewed positively and in recognising that everyone is different, valuing equally the contribution that individual’s experience, knowledge, and skills can make.
Our team undertakes Equality and Diversity training Level I.
Our Equality and Diversity Policy sets out The Integra Therapy commitment to ensure that we create a positive and supportive environment for associates and patients, where everyone is treated fairly and equally and diversity is respected and embraced.
Practitioners and other associates are responsible for:
• Co-operating with measures introduced by Integra Therapy to ensure equal opportunity and non-discrimination for partners, associates and patients.
• Not themselves discriminating, e.g. those responsible for the provision of service, or those responsible for selection decisions in recruitment, training etc.
• Actively work towards equity and access for marginalised groups that may not have access to equitable services.
• Creating an environment that has zero tolerance for discriminatory behaviours, language and actions with other team members and patients.
• Not harassing, bullying or intimidating other associates or patients.
• Informing the Director if they suspect or become aware that discrimination of any kind is taking place.
Integra Therapy has stayed committed to becoming a company which is pro-diversity and anti-discriminatory. Integra Therapy pays special attention to recognising that everyone is different, valuing the unique contribution that individual experience, knowledge, and skills can make in delivering service goals. This diversity should be visible at all levels of the company.
Integra Therapy also aims to ensure that the physiotherapy services were open, culturally aware and equally accessible to all sections of the community.
Integra Therapy ensures that we:
Recruit, develop and retain a workforce that is able to deliver high-quality services that are accessible, responsive and appropriate, to meet the diverse needs of different groups and individuals in the UK and worldwide.
Integra Therapy also demonstrates its’ committed to compliance with relevant equality legislation, the Equality Act 2010 and relevant best practice guidance, in line with World Confederation of Physical Therapists’ Diversity & Inclusion policy statement 2019 and guidance from the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy 2009.